INTACH Central Office is authorized to receive contributions from abroad. The Ministry of Home Affairs has allotted FCRA Registration Number 231650350 under Section 6 (1) of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 for this purpose. Chapters cannot directly receive funds or enter into an agreement with such agencies/institutions. Administrative Charges are to be retained by the Central Office.

The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 has now been repealed by Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010. In this Act, the new provisions of importance are:

  • That no person in receipt of foreign contribution as per provisions of this act shall transfer to other person unless that person is also authorized to receive foreign contribution as per rules made by the Central Government.
  • That foreign contribution shall be utilized for the purpose for which it has been received.